Monday, June 11, 2007

Whoo Hoo Can't Wait....






I remember when I was in 4th grade we saw THE FILM at school about growing up. In fact it was called "Growing Up and Liking It" After the film our moms got a chance to purchase for us a "starter kit". It was a long green box with a beautiful white blossoming flower on it. Inside were all sorts of "feminine hygiene" supplies. I loved my starter kit. I hid it in my room until 8th grade when it FINALLY became useful. I would occasionally take it out and look at all the treasures inside and smell the baby powder smell of the carefree panty liners. The starter kit represented all kinds cool stuff that being a grown up brought.
I need to make some kind of kit for the phase I am going into now. I think though it would be called an "ender kit." It would be a big black box with a crusty dying grass bur on the top. It would be filled with a bottle of vodka some xanax, a folding fan and some wrinkle cream. It would smell like old lady perfume. The film that goes along with it would be called "One Step Closer to Death and Eternal Bitchiness."
But at least I am looking on the bright side.

2 comments:

beverly said...

oh my gosh--i totally remember "growing up and liking it", what a farce! it still haunts me that it was a disney production. that just doesn't seem right.

i believe that you will be just fine after your surgery. easy for me to say--it's not me!!! however, considering my history--it may be coming. . .i am glad that ken will be there and he & landry can do guy stuff. i will be thinking about you--IT WILL BE OK--i believe you have been through worse things in your life that you totally overcame. try to think positive--i know that's difficult, but do it anyway dammit!

Shauna said...

You ROCK! THat is hilarious! Thinking of you!!!!