
Well it is Monday which means I have two days left of youth and on Wednesday at 7:30a.m. I will be surgically induced into the wonderful world of menopause. Can't you tell I am excited?
I bought some cute new pj pants at Target and some magazines that I won't let myself look at until after my surgery.
My brother is coming which I think is extra sweet cause he is Landry's hero and they will have fun playing x-box and doing boy things which will distract him from my not feeling like myself.
Yesterday we delivered some furniture generously donated by Wes's mom to my friend Paige. Although she is doing pretty well I am seriously worried about her because she is always precariously perched in the real world with one toe dipping into the great abyss that has been her life for the last year. She has a job and her mom is helping her right now but the need is so great and if she doesn't really work extra hard to pay her bills and keep her job and monitor her activities it could all be lost really easily. It must be terrible as a mother to have to make a decision that eventually could put your child on the street but there is only so much anyone, even a mother, can do. I pray that is a place I will never be in.
I have a sore throat which is not that great when you are about to go into surgery I don't imagine. While we were at Paige's we found out that her and her boyfriend have staph.
YYYYYEEEEEECCCCCHHHH! I am sorry but that is just yucky. I don't even want to know where or how but just the knowledge creeped me out too. Am I a bad friend just because I came home and bathed myself with Lysol??
Someone told me the other day that we would be rewarded for what we have done with her and Wes and I were wondering if our reward would come in the form of a staph infection and being on the watch list of the po-po. I hope not!!
Poor Wes had to go out of town so Landry and I are preparing for a fun filled night of watching WWE. That sounds almost as thrilling to me as menopause but I am going to hang out while he watches it and paint my toes.
.jpg)
2 comments:
been through the staph infection with kel--she had what i thought was a spider bite on the back of her leg. the doctor said "noooooo" that it was staph infection--there were two or three spots and it was gross. i have no earthly idea how she got it, perhaps a bug bite or two (i am convinced that is how it started...dr. bev.) but, with some ointment and antibiotics, all was well. now, i do not know what kind of staph your friend paige had, but i think considering the circumstances, a lysol bath seems appropriate. is this the paige that you knew in high school?
have you ever seen that show "intervention" on a&e??
yes Paige from Highland!! I have seen that show just last week and it was so real because of what we have gone though with her. I wonder if you get on that show if they pay for the plane trip to rehab??
Post a Comment