Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Betsy Johnson at HEB and other weekly events


We were off Monday and it was NICE. Of course when you have a long weekend to sleep in you don't and Sunday night I found myself not sleeping for many reasons. Landry was on caffeine overload and I went to lay with him for awhile and he talked my ear off about going to watch wrestling until I finally gave up and went to my own bed. I even told him he could stay up and watch tv for awhile because it was obvious he was far from sleep. I had just fallen asleep finally when he decided he was now ready for bed but was freaked out by being the only one in the house awake so he came and woke me up. Back to his bed I went. I then had a series of horrible dreams leaving me sweaty and disoriented. Around 2 I went back to my bed again. Tuesday morning I was exhausted and thought to myself, if I can just make it to 3:00 I will come home and take a nap.

It was not to be. The flier that I talked about a few blogs ago that my boss had FINALLY approved was hot off the presses and we were in the middle of printing statements on the back of it and he walked in and noticed that a price was wrong. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH.

I had actually put our cost for a major piece of equipment on it. Yes that would have been quite a deal for our customers but he wasn't too excited about sending that one out. Go Figure. He couldn't get mad because HE proofed it several times before it went to the printer but he could make me fix it and drive clear across town to get it reprinted and do the statements all over again and he did. Also since I was already fixing the price he could decide to make a few more changes and rework the whole thing again and he did that too. shit.

I barely got in at 5:15 just in time to jump in the car and drive to Landry's game. I was pretty grumpy.

My brother got some really good news yesterday!! To express my feeling on the subject I would like to send out a big "F-You" to the Austin Police Department Brass from one pissed off big sister . I know that will really show 'em but still it makes me feel better.

Tomorrow is my little bear's last day of 5th grade. They had a playday and a swim day this week and he is sunburned and ready for summer. I can't believe he is going to middle school. Holy hell I'm old.

I'm thinking of taking up Yoga after my surgery.

I went to HEB earlier and they had the new Betsey Johnson Perfume in the fragrance case. I nearly fell out. They don't even have that at Dillards here yet!! I asked the girl how that came to be and she said they just got a new "fragrance buyer" at HEB and so they were getting some really high end stuff. I want that job. I mean really. They PAY someone to do that??? Speaking of this perfume it smelled pretty good but just look at the damn lid? You couldn't even HIDE that from your husband and say you've had it forever because its so huge and gawdy. Not that I do that or anything cause I actually don't have to do that with Wes but I used to have to do that with the midget troll so it is a hard habit to break. Whenever I buy something I automatically think I need to hide it and then I remember I don't have to do that anymore. Its the little things that make all the difference!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

no way is that really the top of that thing! Kind of scary! poke someones eye out with that!

beverly said...

midget troll--funny :-)

and yes, we are getting old:-(