
Landry graduated from 5th grade today. Next year he is going to middle school!! I probably would have cried but the actual graduation was the lamest thing I have ever seen. They had this retarded slideshow that lasted for like half an hour. It was totally ridiculous because you couldn't see the pictures only vague outlines, the music was off, and they kept having technical difficulties. Long after it became obvious that they should just give it up they kept trying and trying and trying. Anyway, it took some of the emotion out of it. Also since Landry hasn't been at this school for long we don't really have emotional attachement to it so it was no big deal. Or maybe I am just more stable than I used to be because I vividly remember having to leave and go cry in the parking lot at kindergarten registration, also the same on the first day of kindergarten and again at kindergarten graduation. I also remember nearly becoming hysterical at a music program when he was little where they were singing patriotic songs. In my defense it was not long after 9/11 so I was on the edge.
Anyway, I didn't cry and my baby looked so big and grown up and handsome. I love that boy so much. If I do say so myself he is growing into such a stud-muffin.
.jpg)
1 comment:
landry is a hawk now and no longer a cougar, right? well, sorry the graduation was nothing spectacular. kelley's was not very emotional either, but i think it was because the class was so big. since graduation expo last week--i attended four. . .i have learned that the larger the graduation the less emotion; they can be so impersonal. i suppose we are to deal with our emotions at home! i have to say that graduation expo was quite the spice mix of graduations. i attended kinder, 5th grade, and two high school--one with 100+ graduates and one with 400+ graduates. let me tell you, i really appreciate a small town graduation when it comes to the length of the ceremony!!!
i can honestly say that i have not been to a graduation in a rodeo arena before, where, upon arrival, there were people getting out of there vehicles with plastic cups. . .and the salutatorian was the last to speak. . .and there was disclaimer on the program addressing the behavior of the seniors during the ceremony--should anything occur. hmmm
well, i believe i have addressed this issue to it's full extent. thank you and goodnight.
Post a Comment