Monday, May 28, 2007

Its a Wonder I am Normal


The following is a transcript of a conversation I just had with two members of my family who shall remain nameless. On second thought we'll just call them Alvis and Nomie. You know I am just so thankful for the love and support I get. It is so enlightening to talk to someone who has been through something similar and who can give me such insight. Yes, I am blessed.


Me: How was your weekend? blah blah


Alvis: It was good, when is your surgery?


Me: (silently to myself well I have told you like 5 times) aloud: June 13th, I am really dreading it.


Alvis: Well Let me let you talk to Nomie, she knows a lot more about that kind of stuff.


Me: okaaaay.....


Nomie: in drawling drunken slur: Heeeyyy baabbby geeeerllllll. Are you okaaaaY?


Me: um yeah sure.


Nomie: I know it is soooo skeeeery. It is just soooo skeeery. It is just skeerrry. Its SCEEEERRRRRYYYY baby geeerrrrrl!


Me: (quickly changing subject) Um, yeah... so Wes worked all weekend and I just hung out with the kids


Nomie: (again in exaggerated Drunken slur) Wes is soooooooooo sweet isn't he? He is just soooo SWEEEEET. Wes is really sweet. He is sweeeet. Wes is such a sweet guuuuy!


Me: Oh yeah well, it was good talking to ya'll. Buh-Bye!!



Seriously, its enough to drive you to drinking. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha


I just read the above post and wanted to make sure and make it known that Nomie is NOT my mother. I got to thinking my mom would be worrying that people might think it is her. Its not. My mom is clean and sober and mostly sane. Love you MOM!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

too funny!

29again said...

yeah if you don't have to live it. lol.