...I started to write that on Monday and never got around to finishing it. Today is Tuesday and I am still doing ok. Still taking mounds of pills. I think I overdid it a little today and came home and crashed hard for a couple of hours. I am so tired.
We had several people over this past weekend. I know I know. Believe me everyone has been lecturing me that I should be taking it easy and resting and laying around in bed but that is a lot harder than it sounds because I want to be normal. I kind of feel like if I lay around like a sick person then I will actually BE a sick person. Anyway, it wasn't a lot of work for me. Wes worked his butt off on the yard and he hired a cleaning lady to clean the house. She is going to come every other week and that is awesome beyond belief. I have a great husband!
The below picture is a storm right by my house last weekend. It is doing the same thing now. Landry's baseball games have been cancelled for so long due to weather he isn't even going to remember how to play. We are all really SAD that we have had a repreive from baseball. ha! Actually, of course we love to watch him play it just gets old having baseball all the time so it has been nice.

Today I found out that this lady I used to work with at the school has cancer on her thyroid. She was one of the healthiest people I know and probably in her late 30's. Hell, I AM one of the healthiest people I know. It is weird. My friend Scott also had cancer and he is younger than me. What is going on? Did we all eat paint chips when we were babies or what??
.jpg)
3 comments:
A good friend of mine had Thyroid cancer a few years ago - she is 27 now! It is crazy! They got all of it out and she has been healthy ever since. It does seem crazy how cancer is everywhere now. What I think is that it has always been everywhere but people would just die and they wouldnt really know why. Thank God for advancements in medicine!
i figure it doesn't always matter how you live your life, what you eat, or what you believe. cancer just seems to strike people at random. i also know perfectly healthy people who have been zapped. case in point--me. i had the same surgical proceduere you had, but fortunately, no hysterectomy, not yet. which leads me to my question--if the doctor said that you would have a hysterectomy, then why did he perform the conization?? that has confused me ever since i found out. you had surgery on something that will be completely removed soon, right? or am i totally confused!!!!!!????? btw--i am glad you are home; sorry for the infection, that bites. i will only add to the preaching--sit your ass on your sofa and take it easy!
Good question, I said the same thing. My doctor said that if they did the coiniziation and found that it had spread they would do a different type of hysterectomy (where they cut me open) and maybe radiation. If they found that it had not...then I could have it laproscopically and no radiation. Still seems kind of dumb but that is what he said.
Post a Comment