Last summer my mom decided that she had NO TANKTOPS and went on a tanktop buying spree. When she got home she began to put them in her drawer. One thing led to another and she decided her drawers needed organizing. Once she pulled all the stuff out she found 57 tank tops, 14 of which were black. At my wedding my mom forgot to bring a black tank top that was necessary for her outfit. So she borrowed my one black tank top and never gave it back so now she has 15 black tank tops and I have none.
I decided today that I had NO BRAS. My boobs are old and saggy and it was depressing me. We went to Walmart because I saw an ad where Jennifer Love Hewitt was wearing this new Hanes bra and I thought if she could wear one I could too, but no. Walmart bras suck. In fact I think everything at Walmart sucks. That may be an anti-American thing to say but I usually only go to Walmart out of desperation and when I do I am always even more desperate and depressed when I leave there.
So I came home braless and decided to go through my stuff and see if I might have "one" somewhere I forgot about. Please note that I have been wearing the same old crappy bra for months. When I pulled everything out I found 27 bras. I tried each and every one on and about 23 of them were in pretty decent shape so actually the bra emergency wasn't quite as urgent as I had thought. It is also worth noting that 20 of the 23 are the exact same style and size from Victoria secret. I am in such a rut!!! My explanation for this is once I find something I like I generally obsess that they will stop making it and so I buy way too much of it and hoard it.
The deep psychological reason why I do this and later forget I have any of them and go and buy some more is another topic.
My mom was here last weekend and she called after she got home and said she left her sunglasses here and took mine accidentally. I hadn't even noticed mine were missing. Today she called back once she realized that she actually had HER sunglasses AND she had mine too. Oh well, I'm sure that if I start digging around I can find a couple dozen pairs I forgot I had.
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I can remember the last time you bought a bra - it was a production then as well!!! :) I am soooo not a hoarder - I get a little peeved when I am looking for something that I threw out because of that! Uhhh - we can never win.
Post a Comment