Saturday, April 21, 2007

Week in Review

Someone at Virginia Tech shot and killed 31 people. I just finished a Jodie Picoult book about school shootings. Now I am freaked out about Landry going to school.

I found out one of my friends from high school's husband committed suicide 7 days before their daughters third birthday. Poor Andrea. We haven't kept in touch and now I feel terrible.

Landry had a great week with NO HOMEWORK. We are loving this new school. I know that a better parent would probably want their child to be intellectually challenged and stuff but no, I am enjoying him getting to be a kid. It has been like being on vacation. He has PLAYED at night instead of me chasing him around the house yelling and wielding a math book.

We got our new furniture and it is really nice. I arranged and rearranged it forty times and couldn't make it look right but finally Wes's brother Rick told me how I should do it and it worked. This is so funny because he is about as UN-metrosexual as you can get. His wife looked at him when he was telling me how to arrange my furniture and said "Rick, you are scaring me."
Here is a picture of our living room a la' Rick....

Speaking of new furniture. Digger can't jump on the new couches. This is a good thing because she was a permanent fixture on the old couches and they smelled like dog. Anyway, we felt a little bad for her though so we bought her a new doggie bed at Target. Digger would not lay in it under any circumstances till I put my nice afghan off the old couch in her bed and now she won't get out of it. Such a spoiled dog!
Here is a picture of Princess Digger on my (used-to-be-nice-now-smells-like-dog) afghan.


Speaking of spoiled dogs. Last night Digger was driving us nuts. We have wood floors and her toenails make a click clacking noise that is kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard at 2:00 in the morning. Normally she sleeps like 22 hours a day but last night it was clickety clack clickety clack back and forth for hours. I put her in bed with us and she kept jumping out. We took her out to pee several times and Wes was getting very pissed. She came clacking in to our bedroom again and went right over to him and BARKED very loudly. She never does this.....so he got up. Turned out she was completely out of water. He filled up her bowl and she drank about a gallon of water and then went right to sleep.

I got a cute new outfit at the Carriage and I want to wear it on a date tonight to the movies. We have Landry so I think he will be going on a date with us. I'll post pictures from our evening if we get to go.

No comments: