
I changed my blog this morning to be open to anyone again. I miss everyone's comments and decided that the few negatives aren't worth the positives of spreading my message to the world. ha ha
As you may have gathered from my title, I got some really crappy news this week. I went in for my normal annual exam and a week later I got a call from my doctor saying I needed to come in right away. I have adenocarcinoma in situ of the cervix. I think I can safely say that last Wednesday was one of the worst days of my life but I am doing a lot better now.
I am home after spending Friday in the hospital getting a conization procedure done. This is a surgical procedure that is done under anesthesia and is the first step in defining what will happen next. My doctor removed as much of my cervix as he could during this procedure and then it will be sent off for testing. Depending on if it is contained or if they think it has moved out from the point of origin determines whether or not I have to have treatment other than a hysterectomy.
This is the only time I have ever been in the hospital other than when I had Landry. Everyone was super nice, the food was pretty crappy, and poor Wes didn't sleep a wink. My IV was driving me insane and the pain medication they had me on made me not sleep well. I kept having weird dreams that my teeth were falling out. I was very very glad to get home. Now it is Sunday and I just woke up after sleeping about 12 hours and I feel a lot better. I am going to try tylenol today instead of the pain medicine because it makes me pretty goofy and disoriented.
Wes has been the sweetest husband EVER! I can't even describe how wonderful he has been. He is sweet and thoughtful and full of hugs. He won't leave my side for even a minute. Even though I had been married before, I never thought of it as FOREVER. I know that is terrible but I really didn't. I feel so different this time and I really feel like Wes would stick by me no matter what. It pretty much blows for him to be newly married to someone who has been put on "vaginal rest" for six weeks. Before that six weeks has ended it will be time for my hysterectomy and more "vaginal rest".....for some reason I like saying that I think it is funny.
Funny story before I go. I mentioned that Wes didn't get a wink of sleep in the hospital. He had to sleep on this couch thingy that was too short, and his pillow kept falling off. He also didn't bring any comfy clothes even though I told him too. He tried sleeping with me in my hospital bed for awhile but I was kind of out of it and was obsessing about him lying on my IV so I made him a nervous wreck. Anyway, he was probably in worse shape than me by the time we got home. We finally got a good night's sleep in our own bed and we forgot that our alarm was automatically set to go off at 6am. The alarm is on his side of the bed and he turns it off every morning. After it had gone off for several minutes this morning I rolled over to ask him what he was doing and why he wasn't turning it off. He had the lamp from the bedside table in his hands and he couldn't figure out why he couldn't turn off the alarm!! It was so funny he was feeling all over it and looking at it all serious and stuff and he couldn't find the button.
We go back in Monday to talk with the doctor and to get results of the biopsy. I will keep updating as we know. Please say prayers!!
As you may have gathered from my title, I got some really crappy news this week. I went in for my normal annual exam and a week later I got a call from my doctor saying I needed to come in right away. I have adenocarcinoma in situ of the cervix. I think I can safely say that last Wednesday was one of the worst days of my life but I am doing a lot better now.
I am home after spending Friday in the hospital getting a conization procedure done. This is a surgical procedure that is done under anesthesia and is the first step in defining what will happen next. My doctor removed as much of my cervix as he could during this procedure and then it will be sent off for testing. Depending on if it is contained or if they think it has moved out from the point of origin determines whether or not I have to have treatment other than a hysterectomy.
This is the only time I have ever been in the hospital other than when I had Landry. Everyone was super nice, the food was pretty crappy, and poor Wes didn't sleep a wink. My IV was driving me insane and the pain medication they had me on made me not sleep well. I kept having weird dreams that my teeth were falling out. I was very very glad to get home. Now it is Sunday and I just woke up after sleeping about 12 hours and I feel a lot better. I am going to try tylenol today instead of the pain medicine because it makes me pretty goofy and disoriented.
Wes has been the sweetest husband EVER! I can't even describe how wonderful he has been. He is sweet and thoughtful and full of hugs. He won't leave my side for even a minute. Even though I had been married before, I never thought of it as FOREVER. I know that is terrible but I really didn't. I feel so different this time and I really feel like Wes would stick by me no matter what. It pretty much blows for him to be newly married to someone who has been put on "vaginal rest" for six weeks. Before that six weeks has ended it will be time for my hysterectomy and more "vaginal rest".....for some reason I like saying that I think it is funny.
Funny story before I go. I mentioned that Wes didn't get a wink of sleep in the hospital. He had to sleep on this couch thingy that was too short, and his pillow kept falling off. He also didn't bring any comfy clothes even though I told him too. He tried sleeping with me in my hospital bed for awhile but I was kind of out of it and was obsessing about him lying on my IV so I made him a nervous wreck. Anyway, he was probably in worse shape than me by the time we got home. We finally got a good night's sleep in our own bed and we forgot that our alarm was automatically set to go off at 6am. The alarm is on his side of the bed and he turns it off every morning. After it had gone off for several minutes this morning I rolled over to ask him what he was doing and why he wasn't turning it off. He had the lamp from the bedside table in his hands and he couldn't figure out why he couldn't turn off the alarm!! It was so funny he was feeling all over it and looking at it all serious and stuff and he couldn't find the button.
We go back in Monday to talk with the doctor and to get results of the biopsy. I will keep updating as we know. Please say prayers!!
.jpg)
2 comments:
I think it is funny that you said that it "blows" that he is on "vaginal rest". :) Really made me laugh.
Post a Comment