I GOT A NEW JOB!
A few weeks ago I was looking in the online edition of the newspaper classifieds. There was an ad that I couldn't really read because for some reason it was blurry. I almost just skipped over it but for some reason I went to the library to get the actual newspaper and looked at the ad. It was one of those that was very vague. "Office Manager for chemical company needed" was about all it said. I went ahead and sent in my resume and forgot about it. A few weeks later I got a call and went for an interview. It was on spring break and when I told Wes about it he thought I should just not go. He thought it would probably be a waste of time and they wouldn't pay enough. I went anyway and the interview immediately hacked me off. When I walked in I was told to fill out an application that was very detailed. I hate that!! I didn't have anything with me and I had already sent in my resume so I didn't think it was necessary to have to fill all that out again! Plus I couldn't remember dates and addresses without a copy of my resume to look at.
The interview ended up going ok though so I left...feeling a little hopeful. I got a call with 2 hours to come back the next day for a 2nd interview. This one was BAD. I had to take a bunch of tests and write an essay. One test was on a software I had never seen before. I failed miserably and left feeling very down and out.
I waited almost another week and just when I gave up hope I got a call from the owner for a third interview. I got the job. I got the schedule and the pay I requested. I am thrilled.
I think it is going to be a very low stress job. I can wear flipflops and jeans. My hours are from 8-3. The only negative is that my office leaves a bit to be desired but I guess I can live with that.
Landry decided on the day I had my last interview that if I got that job he wanted to change schools along with me. He will be going to a much larger school than we are used to but he is so excited. We toured the middle school he will be going to next year and he is especially excited about that. I have such a brave and cool kid!!
Its going to be a new adventure for all of us. Change is always scary but it will be good. I have wanted this for a long time.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Now that you are leaving the school - you should make this thing public again to shove it in their stupid little faces!!!! :) JK...I am sooooo excited for you. I would expect that the office wouldnt be that fabulously beautiful, if they will let you wear jeans and flip flops...oh what a dream job!!! I am jealous! I am really happy for you - congrats!
Post a Comment