Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Some Things I Was Thinking About....



On the way to school I was thinking about a couple of things.

Eleven years ago at this time of year I was about to have a baby. I remember waking up on Thanksgiving Day and noticing that I no longer had a neck. I remember dressing in this huge green dress and sweater vest and going to my step brothers house. I remember taking off my shoes and not being able to get them back on because my feet were so swollen. I remember going to bed and waking up during the night with a stomach ache that hurt in 10 minute increments. (hmmm labor maybe??)

I remember having the sweetest little best friend anyone was ever blessed with.

Landry Blake I am so glad you were born to me! I can't believe God thought enough of me to trust me with taking care of you. You are my greatest accomplishment and I love you more than ten thousand elephants.


AND....

about one year ago...also at this time of year I was going through a really bad time. A relationship I was in had turned violent and I packed up all my belongings to move in the span of about 12 hours. I was desperate for help and I needed a trailer. My friend called a guy she worked with whom I had never met before and he came to help us. That guy turned out to be my sweet Wes. He saved us that day and he has saved us a thousand times since.

I remember him driving up that day and despite my bad state of mind I did notice how cute he was. I remember being impressed by how nice he was and what nice manners he had.

Wes we have made it though a whole year of ups and downs. You complete my family and my heart and I need your hugs everyday. How cool that I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. I love you more every day!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Ahhh...you are too sweet! You are a lucky woman!