Monday, September 18, 2006

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words....


Wes took this picture over the weekend and when I saw it on the camera I cracked up because it is SO my kids. You can look at this and see exactly how they are. Rachel is as goofy and silly and happy and upbeat as Landry is sarcastic and negative and jaded. (That sounds bad but I say it with love!) That is just how he is. Sometimes it is if he can barely summon the energy to speak and Rachel is just bouncing off the walls.

An illustration:

Rachel invented this game that we ALL MUST PLAY when we are driving down the road. It is called "HI RED TAR".....(now I must explain that Rachel has a teeny bit of a speech difficulty in saying "KA" so those sounds come out "TA"....so now you understand the object of the game is when you see a red car you are supposed to shout out "HI RED TAR!" As you can imagine Landry thinks this game is just so beneath him. ha

So, we are going down the road and Rachel is exuberantly noticing red cars everywhere and shouting out every few minutes...HI RED TAR!

Then it comes Landry's turn and in a voice as bored and monotone as you can get he says "HI RE TARD".

This is a perfect illustration of the differences in my kids personalities.

SO CUTE each in their own way.

No comments: