Wednesday, September 20, 2006

HOMEWORK

I thought I was finished with school but every night I spend at least an hour checking over Landry's math. You can't check over Math without actually doing the math so I guess I should say every night I have to do at least two 5th grade math worksheets. It still sucks after all this time. To complicate matters, for some reason the teacher requires him to do his homework on this preprinted sheet that has little squares. You have to fit your work and the answer within the little square. IT IS THE DUMBEST THING EVER. 5th grade boys write very sloppy and when you make them fit it in a little bitty square the result is an unreadable hodgepodge. Half the mistakes he makes are because he can't read his own writing. And me reading it?? FORGETABOUTIT!!

Landry got a new football helmet today because his cracked! Yep, CRACKED! That is good for a mom's peace of mind! My baby's brain is inside of there! Wes had to go to the Y and throw a Wes-fit. They gave us a brand new state-of-the-art one. I like a man that gets results!

The check engine light is on in my NEW CAR. Wes is taking it in next week to see what is wrong but we suspect bad gas. Not the tooting kind, I guess I should have said dirty fuel. He also threw a Wes-fit on the service manager over the phone and last time we were at the dealership. He will probably come home with a whole new car by the time it is said and done.

My mom and DadE are going to AZ tomorrow to my cousin's wedding. I wish I could go but I have no desire to fly. I hate to fly and have to be drugged to do so. I also get a little freaky when people I love fly. It just doesn't seem natural to me. 20,000 pound hunks of machinery should not be so high in the air.

I love my new DadE so much. It is the coolest. I am just like a little kid excited about my Dad but I can't help it. He is so kind and loving. I emailed him today and he called me with advice!! Advice, from my Dad...that is a new concept for me. I love my real Dad but the closest thing to advice he ever gave me was don't eat the yellow snow. I guess to be fair that is some pretty useful information but I can't say that it really shaped me in my formative years. Come to think of it it doesn't even snow in West Texas....hmmmmmm. Now that's something to ponder.

No comments: