Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Meaning of Life


Do you ever wonder if all the normal, everyday stuff we do everyday is just silly? Like worrying about bills, paying for college, getting a nicer house...all those normal law abiding things.

My friend Paige says I am wholesome. She is right. I am downright boringly wholesome but I have a secret fantasy. There is a teeny tiny part of me buried deep inside that has a secret longing to become a hippie, ride my Harley to Mexico and sell fruit on the beach.



SHHHH Don't tell Wes, it might freak him out.

And don't worry. Paige says you "absolutely cannot be a hippie unless you smoke pot"...so I won't be doing that...or riding a Harley to Mexico for that matter. But every once in a while....I can dream.

3 comments:

robin said...

We all have to have fantasies about what we would do if we could run away from this crazy life!

I would be the girl laied out on the beach buying the fruit from you, to add to my tropical drink!

Shauna said...

Yes all these things are silly - I think that some days we think that God has a big to do checklist up there and he is saying "oh, good - shauna did the dishes today, oh good - she folded laundry...." Mackenzie asked me last night why I am so busy all the time... It made me stop and think this exact same thing.

Anonymous said...

You Are perfect and I Love You & our hectic ways!!!