Yesterday I shouldn't have gotten out of bed. I got into it with Landry's teacher. Suffice it to say I do not at all agree with her methods and we have been reduced to merely eeking through the days until school is out.
I had to go "steal" Landry's dog, Dixie, back from Mike-the- troll. Long story short he had said that Landry couldn't have her back but he was going to give her away to some dude named Butch. He is truly a heartless bastard. About an hour after we returned from our doggie heist he called me and gave me a cussing I won't soon forget.
The rest of the night I spent reading and translating Landry's AR book which was inexplicably written largely in French. After falling into bed after midnight Dixie started to whine in the back yard and I was afraid she was going to disturb the neighbors. I let her in and tried to get her to sleep with me. She proceeded to bound around my head for about 30 minutes and gouge out my eyes with her claws. I also got that itchy feeling that I had fleas crawling all over my body but I'm sure it was psychological. Eventually I gave up and threw her ass in the backyard, neighbors be damned.
This morning I had to wake Landry up early so we could go over my pages of Mommy Cliff Notes I had compiled after translating his book. I crammed his brain full of useless information, propped up his ego, got him a Sonic Lime-aid and sent him off to school.
NEWSFLASH: I just found out that Landry got "commended performance" on the reading, writing, and math sections of the taks test. ha! Take that Mrs. C!!!!
I got my first official Mother's Day Present from Rachel yesterday. She even wrote that she loved me on the card by her very ownself. ANNNNND (drumroll please) she lost her other front tooth early this morning and called to tell me her daddy pulled it out using a piece of toilet paper. I will post pictures as soon as I see her.
This Mommy business is very hard sometimes. In the space of 24 hours I trespassed, committed doggie theft, fought a losing battle with a teacher, and translated a novel. All in a days work I guess.
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Mothers work is so far from easy - Kip came in and tried to tell me what a great mom I was last night and I had a huge meltdown!!! oh well.
Post a Comment