Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Toilet Stall Etiquette


Don't you just HATE running into someone in the restroom that you don't like?.....I just went to the restroom and weird-lady-that-i-don't-like was having a cell phone conversation in the stall. Like I care. Well as soon as she saw my shoes...and it is fairly obvious just WHO those cute shoes belong to...she abruptly stopped the conversation and said she would have to call back. Again, like I care.

Then you have to add the whole small talk thing in at the sink. "HI," splish splash "HOW ARE YOU???" rub-a-dub, shake shake (like I care. ) RIIIP dry dry. "Have a nice day!" Call me antisocial but I just don't want to do small talk while I'm doing my business. Is that really too much to ask???

When faced with someone that you don't like in the stall next to you you have a couple of choices:

1. Pee as fast as you can and run like hell trying to get out before they do. Of course you still have to turn the water on for a second and rip off a paper towel before bolting lest the person-you-don't like will think you don't wash your hands after doing your business.

2. Pee as slowwwwwly as you can trying to prolong your visit until said person leaves. However then you run the risk of person-you-don't-like thinking that YOU are the one Pooping in the faculty bathroom and causing that stink!

3. I guess a third option would be holding your feet up so they wouldn't recognize you until they are done which would require some really strong leg muscles and/or you could just wear ugly unrecognizable shoes which to me at least is just not an option at all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, could you please schedule your pee breaks when Larae is not in there? She does NOT want to make small talk with you! j/k

29again said...

its not ROBIN!!!!!

29again said...

its not ROBIN!!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol - i didn't think it was.