Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Horrible Experience


Apparently I have had some form of bowel obstruction. Remember when I told you I had inexplicably gained 10 pounds overnight....well. Last night about a mile and a half from my house, while Landry was riding his bike and I was walking...it came UNOBSTRUCTED IN A BIG WAY. I have never in all my life been so afraid I was going to poop in my pants! I was actually casing out alleyways and trying to come up with strategies in case I didn't make it home. At one point I had to stop and do deep breathing exercises. I broke out in a cold sweat...it was kind of a reverse labor experience. To complicate matters I didn't want to tell Landry what was up. He kept making circles around me on his bike saying...are you ok? whats wrong mom? He is at that age when I am really lucky he still wants to be seen with me. Pooping in my pants might put a damper on his fragile idea that mom is still cool.

I finally limped home almost doubled over and in severe pain. And the worst part its....after all that....I still didn't lose that 10 pounds! Yes, I ran straight from the bathroom to the scale to find out!! I know, I have issues!! ha ha

I am attaching some new pictures that we took last night of the cutest kids in the world and their parents. Enj0y!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

That is so funny! I am laughing out loud - I am confident that my kids are soooooo not going to want to be seen with me when they are Landry's age. Kenzie has already started saying "mooooommmmmmm" ...in utter embarrassment of the things that come out of my mouth! Sorry charlie...you can pick your friends...you can pick your nose...but you cannot pick your mom - or your mom's nose. :0)

29again said...

I am pretty lucky. Landry still invites me to lunch and even will hug me goodbye in front of his friends. But not in a bad way. He is not some weird mammas boy...he just loves his mom. Shauna you should give me your email address. Mine is larae.fulton@netxv.net

robin said...

That is the worst feelinge ever! Not only are you paniced, in horrible pain, but you have this suddon urge to cup your butt with your hand...LIKE THAT'S GONNA MAKE IT STAY IN THERE!

Anonymous said...

We've all been there and it is a frightening experience.