Wednesday, April 19, 2006

They give me chills....

There are two songs that I can think of that literally give me chills. They are very different yet they both mean something to me that I can not really put into words.

The first is Mercy Me's I Can Only Imagine. The first time I heard this song was at a funeral. It was the funeral of a young man, only a year or so older than me, that had been killed in a car wreck. Obviously this was a tragic occurance, but his family seemed pretty ok under the circumstances. They were just very sure that he was in a better place. They chose this song. Here is a link to Mercy Me's website. It think it automatically plays I Can Only Imagine when you open it up. Enjoy!

http://www.mercyme.org/index2.php

The second song is by Guns and Roses. It is Sweet Child O'Mine. I remember LOVING this song way back in high school. I would listen to it and picture in my head a blonde headed little boy that I somehow knew I would have. Of course the song is about a girl...but that never changed the picture in my head....I KNEW it would be a boy.

here is a link to this one as well. It is just the lyrics, but that is the best I could do. http://www.mygnr.com/lyrics/2-9.html

if either of these happens not to work....remember I am kind of technologically impaired and take some time out to listen to each of these songs on your own. They are just so powerful to me.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Both of these songs are greatness! I know what song that I want played at my funeral - I will try to find a link to it and post it - it is great.

Shauna said...

http://www.superchickonline.com/_v2/index.php

Then you have to go to #10 in the little song thing...it is good.