Thursday, April 20, 2006

Miracles will NEVER Cease


When I took this job I was DESPERATE. Being that I was virtually homeless and unemployed.... I would have been happy to be a lunch lady. It was a God thing. I opened the paper and there was the ad for Business Manager at Christoval ISD. There are NEVER openings at this school. Anyway, I digress.

I have always felt that I was somewhat scoffed at by certain senior members of our faculty due to my age, my extremely youthful appearance (it is!!), and probably a few other unknown reasons (holey jeans and flipflops, anyone?). Afterall...some of them have corns on their toes that are older than me.

(ok...well, maybe I am not THAT young...but I did get this job FOUR or more years ago and I was alot younger then.)

Anyway....we have a few members of our staff that have been here at this very school for over 30 years. HOLY MOLY!! It is hard to imagine but it is true. At any rate....it seems that any time I have to do anything pertaining to these senior members it invariably gets screwed up in some way. Murphys law, something.....I always end up looking like a dufus.

I got an email today from the QUEEN of our school her very ownself. Just getting the email was cringeworthy and I gritted my teeth and shuddered in preparance for what request she would make of me and in imagining how I would screw it up and make a dufus of myself. Well by gosh, I not only KNEW the correct answer, I came upon it in mere minutes...AND I received a follow-up email from the QUEEN her very ownself saying this:
"You are sooooooo good. Thanks a bunch."

The QUEEN has spoken! I am so good. I am soooo good. I AM SO GOOD BABY!! yeah!

Lowly subjects....bow to me...I am your lofty Business Manager.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Impressive..and I am going to go ahead and proclaim myself a huge loser and stalker for reading your blog more than once a day - and also you a loser for posting more than once a day. :0)

29again said...

its true. my job stifles my creativity so i have to take periodic breaks to maintain my sanity.