Thursday, April 20, 2006

Oreo


This is Oreo. He is our school dog. He comes to school every day. He actually belongs to our superintendent but everyone has pretty much adopted him. He makes random guest appearances too. Like the time he came running on the football field during the opening game of the season. Or there was the time when Mr. Priest's kids were in a play at the First Baptist Church and Oreo came trotting down to the pulpit. And there was the time that TAKS testing was going on and Oreo was running down the hallways with Mr. Priest in hot pursuit.

Mr. Priest has tried everything to keep him home but has pretty much given up on that. Now he just tries to keep him outside. Thing is, people feel sorry for him and let him in the building all the time. Especially when it is storming!

Earlier I was toiling away at my desk and noticed I was growing light headed from a strange smell wafting through my office. I thought to myself "hmmmm that smells a little like dog dip"...sure nuff....I rounded the corner and Oreo was napping in the Supt's office. I tried like heck to get him into Tony's chair to take his picture but he was having none of that.

Anyway, its one of those neat nostalgic small town things. When you really look at him he kind of looks like a Cougar except he is hairer and his face is different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to talk about Oreo's diet. Apparently he is fed very well. I know of an unnamed pregnant person who gives Oreo her last bite of breakfast. "What a sweet gesture" you say. Let's give it a little more thought: a pregnant girl GIVING AWAY FOOD. And remember, this isn't just any pregnant girl - it's a girl who has had to borrow money from the bank for her food bill. Lucky Oreo!