There is a monastery in Christoval. It isn't common, but non unheard of either to see a Monk walking down the street or coming out of the post office. They wear these brown robe/dress thingys, funny little hats, and they really look quite unusual. Yesterday after school we were going to the post office and a Monk came walking out. Landry said, "What the heck Mom, is that a Jedi??"
I laughed so hard that my foot slipped off the clutch and my car came to a lurching stop.
kids......it is so cool having them.
Landry is so mature, he really does act like a little grown up. It is sometimes nice to see a little hint of that childishness or silliness come out. This morning was definitely one of those times that I was slapped in the face with the knowledge that he is still just a kid. Sometimes I almost forget cause he acts like a little man all the time.
Landry spent the night with his dad and so I had to pick him up this morning on the way to school. Luckily he only does this once a week because it is always a "cluster" for him to get ready over there and it usually makes us late for school. Anyway, he forgot his coat and there was actually frost on the ground. I stopped at Sonic to get him breakfast thinking that I could write a check there (remember the dumb bank cancelled MY debit card) and knowing I didn't have much cash. Landry has a cheese aversion so I got French Toast sticks and tater tots because I had a coupon. Oh yeah, I forgot they DID NOT take checks so I was rooting around under the seats looking for some change to pay for it with. I pick him up and he comes out with underwear, socks, dirty wadded up clothes, and extra pair of shoes tucked under his arm. He is dragging a pair of pants through the dirt. Poor baby is all disheveled and unorganized. Where was his bag?? He didn't bring one, of course. Anyway, we get in the car and he opens his little syrup packet and proceeds to "spill" it all over the place. I say "spill" but a more apt description would be poured it straight out on every available surface and then he looked at me like it was my fault. (I turned too sharp!!) If the child had purposely tried to cover the interior of my car and his pants with syrup he would not have been able to do a better job.
NO napkins, no wipees, no nothing. Before it was all said and done we were both covered in sticky goo and he was almost in tears. He had to change into his dirty wadded up sweat pants that he wore to practice yesterday. Yep, the ones he was dragging through the dirt. If you know anything about Landry that didn't sit well with him because they "didn't look cute".
ha ha You just have to laugh. My dad would have gone into a cussing screaming tirade, tossed the breakfast out the window and made me wear those pants to school. I would have stopped at Dillards and bought him new pants had there been one within 50 miles.
.jpg)
1 comment:
Poor guy! What a frustrating morning! At that point I might have called both of y'all in sick and just stayed home!
Post a Comment