
Well much to mine and Landry's chagrin spring break sped by and we are back to the grindstone. He was almost in tears this morning. So was I but no one would actually CARE if I were to cry and I'd just end up looking like hell with smeared makeup and stuff.
Last weekend my mother and brother came to visit. It was a lot of fun save for the urination problems of my mother's dog, Beelzebub*. The problem being he pees wherever and whenever the urge strikes him. He also climbs on the kitchen table on beds on peoples heads and generally makes a yip yapping nuisance of himself. I am going out on a limb to mention this at all. My mom, bless her heart, thinks he is wonderful and loves him beyond all reason. She even once referred to me as his "sister" so you can see where I rank.
Anyway, I digress. We had a good time. Wes cooked out for my entire family and it was soooo delicious. I am posting a pix of the two cutest kids in the world enjoying theirs picnic-style on the trampoline.
We also went and got Landry's little friend Ethan who stayed the whole week. Funny they are still so close after being friends since infancy. They shot cap guns and played basketball and playstation and did little boy things all week.
I have inherited Paul's dog Jaycee. She is thirteen years old. Ken described her as "the crypt-keeper of dogs". She has bad arthritis and is having difficulty controlling her bladder so it was decided that she should come live in my backyard. Yes, send me your homeless, your infirm, your bankrupt, deviant and diseased. I have unlimited time, and financial resources, not to mention emotional stamina so I can take all these problems right off your hands!! Come one come all..... I am sensing a pattern here, especially when it comes to my ex husband. But alas, I do love the dog and want her to have happy last days so now I give her an aspirin a day and spent much of my weekend stressing about her not going in her dog house. She has a fabulous Taj Mahal of a house but she won't go in it. I have put bones in there and done everything short of crawling in there myself but she won't go. It rained like hell all weekend and she would just stand out in the rain looking pathetic and making me feel like a piece of trash until I would let her inside and she would get MUD all over the place and the whole cycle would start all over.
In other news, I was able to spend some time with Wes's brother and sister in law and some of his friends this weekend. I am happy to report that the baby urge in me is totally, completely gone. I am now able to hold, smell, see, and hear a baby without one ping of my ovaries. Honestly if there is an opposite of a baby URGE...I am there. I don't know what you would call that...Baby Revulsion seems a bit strong.
Wes loaned me his gianormous, hulking treadmill that is testing the limits of my obsessive compulsive disorder by sitting in the corner of my room and being, I daresay, not that pretty. In fact, it is downright ugly but I am trying to maintain a positive outlook. When I weigh out ugly treadmill vs. fat ugly arse...well you get the picture. So far the treadmill is winning out.
I got to work this morning and our computers were down till after lunch. Not very convenient when you have a weeks worth of bills to get around to. So, I am off for now to do a bit of work and to reflect upon how I am going to get up on that treadmill and motivated for work one more week.
Oh! one more thing. I have tried, I tell you I have, but my hair looks like ass and I have to have some Ocean Waves. I caved today, found some on the internet, and ordered 12 bottles. WHAT???? It was a NEED! The Mojo is back.....watch out world!!
*all names have been changed to protect the identies of those described in this story - ok so his name isn't really Beezlebub but it is SO FITTING. I'm sorry Mom.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment