Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I Even Know His Smell

This morning my alarm went off at 4:45. I hit SNOOZE. It went off again at 4:55. I had to rush to get dressed and outside to meet Sarah. When I got in, I started my bath water and peeked in to check on Landry. He looked so sweet. I shut off the water and crawled in bed with him. I love snuggling with him in the morning. If I ever succumb to the urge to crawl back in bed with him there is a great likelihood that I won't make it to work. There is something so indescribably sweet about spooning my sleeping baby. I even know his smell. If I went blind I would know him by nuzzling his neck like a mama bear. My alarm went of again at 6:15, I hit snooze....6:25...I hit snooze again. When I finally got up and in the bath I heard Landry's alarm go off and thought I heard his footsteps in his room. But once I was out and dressed I peeked in on him again and he was still in bed. "Mama come here," he croaked in his morning voice, arms outstretched. Once again I found myself snuggled up with his warmness. Then I noticed he was completely dressed. When I asked him why he said he was pretending to be asleep so I would come in there! I guess he likes the snuggle-time too. We were only about 5 minutes late for school :) It was completely and totally worth it.

1 comment:

robin said...

Sweet boy! It makes you never ever want him to grow up!