I spent last week in Houston for my new job. It was hard. Very hard. I am a big baby. I don't like being away from my family. Just when I thought I wouldn't make it one more day we got sent home early due to the Hurricane. Now i don't want to be insensitive to those that received damage etc. from the Hurricane, but I was glad that it gave me an excuse to jump in my car and drive home. (I even made it to Landry's game which I had been heartsick over missing.)
Yes, I drove. I don't like to fly it is scary to me and I was super-duper glad I didn't fly on this trip. The people that DID fly were having all kinds of trouble re-arranging things due to the storm AND it was 9-11. Yes, that is not a day I will ever feel comfortable flying on!! Anyway, the drive was really fine. Wes bought me a GPS before I left and it is the coolest thing ever!!
Tomorrow will be the first day I am officially at work and I am excited/scared. I will post pix of whichever cute outfit I decide to wear. I thought I would get a jump on things and wash my hair this afternoon but I OD'd on products and now my hair feels like cheap carpet so back to the shower I go. I will be really clean.
I cooked brisket, beans and a yummy cake for dinner. Tomorrow I will be back on my diet but not tonight.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
What new job? What did I miss??
I hope things go well today. Be sure and let me know!
Take Care.
me too...new job...WHAT????
wth--new job?? start talking.
last night i met april and her family in round rock--they only lost power in the part of houston they live in, but they left anyway!
i am patiently waiting for kelley's first volleyball game, last week everything was cancelled due to evacuees in the area schools. . .i am glad you got to make landry's game, i understand how you feel.
i have to drive to houston in november and i do not like driving in unfamiliar large places!!
toodles,
beverly
Post a Comment