Sunday, January 20, 2008

Uncharitable and Bitchy...

I used to watch Extreme Home Make-over and cry. I'm watching it now and it is pissing me the hell off! It seems like the longer this show has been on the air the crazier it gets. They are building these people multi-million dollar freaking mansions. I mean, is that really necessary? really? How will they even be able to pay the light bill?? I sound mean and petty and that is not it but they are going waaaay overboard. I think I would like this show a lot better if they would build some nice and safe and REASONABLE houses for MORE needy families instead of a multi-trillion dollar house for one family. And they used to send them to like six-flags or something while they fixed their house. Now they send them to ROME and they just bulldoze their house and build a new one that is fifteen times larger. I used to like this show a lot better when it first came out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny, I was thinking the same thing! The house they are building right now while I'm watching it has huge tall ceilings - that costs lots to heat and cool. They can build them a nice house, even a large house, without it being a mansion. Thank goodness I am not in need like some of these poor people are.

29again said...

I know and they give them CASH too. And sometimes new vehicles and all kinds of crazy stuff. Yes, I feel sorry for the people but think of how many others they could help if they scaled back a little. Does a kid really need an airplane fuselage with flight simulator in his room??