Thursday, November 15, 2007

ok I can't believe it

I decided I can't take it anymore. Everyday I lay down with E. Then he worms and squirms and his bottle is not warm enough so I get up and warm it. And we lay down again. He falls asleep for like 10 minutes and then as soon as I sneak off and get on my computer he wakes up and we start the whole process again. I know that his mom does this also. We are the same kind of mom see. The kind that can't stand to let their children "cry it out". So I asked her to bring the playpen and I am determined that I am going to teach him to sleep in it. Of course i will readily admit this was a feat I was never able to accomplish with my own child. Landry could not go to sleep until he was 10 unless he was physically in contact with some part of my body. But I figure I will be doing everyone a favor if I can get him to do this. Maybe then Mom can get a decent nights sleep and I can have a day where I don't feel like pulling my hair out.

So he has been in the playpen for about 12 minutes SCREAMING but he is starting to settle down and I can't believe it.

Ok just bellycrawled across the room to make sure he was breathing. He was. I think he saw me and started crying again dammit.

Advice??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let him cry 5-10 minutes. Then go in and calm him - I don't know if you should pick him up or not - then start over. He WILL quit crying because it will wear him out. You are right, you will be doing everyone a favor.

Shauna said...

Ok- I can remember crawling into Mackenzie's room when she was a baby to check on her but not wake her. I am with Linda. Our pediatrician had us do this with Chase. Let him cry for 10 minutes. If the tone of the cry does not change- that means he could possibly be in pain or something could be wrong - if it is changing, no need to worry. Go in and soothe after 10 min or so and let him go at it again. This process will get shorter and shorter every day.