Update: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
After I returned home from my hysterectomy I had one good day and then continued feeling progressively worse and worse until Wednesday we were admitted back to the hospital. It was found that I had a hematoma (blood clot) from my surgery and it had to be surgically evacuated. I awoke from that procedure to be told that they had damaged my right kidney during the hysterectomy and it was totally blocked off. I now know why I felt awful and was having terrible back pain on my right side for a week. Anyway, I am too damaged inside from all the surgeries at this point to repair the kidney. I had to have another procedure where they enter my back and inserted a tube to drain my kidney from all the build up. Next, and here’s the really fun part, I get to wear that tube which leads to a leg bag that will empty my right kidney for the next 3-6 months. Whenever they decide that I am healed enough to have another surgery they will go in again and repair my kidney. There are more gory details but suffice it to say this hasn’t really gone according to my plan of having a little surgery and getting back to work in a week.
The good news is that hopefully my kidney will return to functioning normally and someday I might be able to be back to normal 100%. The other good news is that it is not my child that is sick because I wouldn’t be able to stand that…and that I have lots of loving family around me trying to make me stop cleaning house! Even better, they think they got all the cancer and that I won’t have to have any further treatment for that from this point. In fact they said I am “cured”. Kind of hilarious actually because when I was “sick” I was in much better shape but they are the ones who went to med school so who am I to question the logic.
I just wanted to let everyone know why I haven’t returned any email or phone calls for several days and what is going on. I already have decided that there is no point in trying to hide this. It is what it is and I am trying really hard to have a good attitude and just get through it.
Love you bunches. Thanks for all your kindness and please keep us in your prayers.
Thanks
LaRae Russell
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment