Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What's In a Name??!!


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
3
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

I totally stole this from Shauna's blog but I am seriously blown away by the fact that someone else has my name. I thought my name was WEIRD. While we are talking about names I will give you the history of my name. There was a dumb (sorry mom) tradition in our family where the first born (cursed) daughter has to be named for her father. This resulted in some really strange names in my family. Vernon = Vernelle.....Jervis= Jervia.....Larry=LaRae. No fun, sexy names like Summer or Brooke or Paris for us...oh no!!!

(Lets stop for a moment and imagine that Wes and I had a daughter and I took leave of my senses and decided to follow the tradition. What would I name her?? WesAnn? Wessa? LaWes? There is no logical choice.

I was actually BORN "Larray" but no one could EVER pronounce that one and so I began spelling it "LaRae" somewhere around 4th grade. Officially I changed it about three years ago when I changed my last name to the name of a certain small man I had a relationship with a mere 14 days before leaving him for good and then changing it right back to the tune of about $800. But that is another story.....

Anyway the saga of my name has been long and confusing. Driver license examiners hate me and I have a long list of "aka's" on my criminal history. I don't ACTUALLY have a criminal history...but what I meant was if you happen to run a background check on me it looks a little suspicious.

Tena Larray Farr, Tena LaRae Farr, Tena LaRae Fulton, Tena LaRae Fulton-Dismore (ugh!), Tena LaRae Russell and every combination imaginable is listed.

I am very happy that my name is LaRae Russell now and I have no plans to change it ever again. ButI still think it would have been nice to have a name like Summer (grumble, grumble) .

*** If you play around with the name website you will soon figure out that it is bullshit. I put in a bunch of people that I know who live in the U.S. and it said there are no people in the U.S. with that name. What a bunch of hooey. Oh well, it was fun.

6 comments:

beverly said...

yeah, i have been to that website. other than myself, you know that there is at least one other person with my first and last name, but it did not either one of us:-(

Shauna said...

Dang - I tried it and I thought it was pretty darn accurate. Oh well!! :) That cracks me up that you are a female Larry - it is going to be hard to erase that from my head now. I would like to give a go at the female Wes's...LaWes, Shawesna, Weslittney, hmmmm.....

beverly said...

i agree w/the continued tradition. point to ponder--my oral surgeon's name is michaelanne. wesleyanne sounds delightful;-)

29again said...

well as delightful as Wesleyann sounds...unfortunately I am scheduled for a hysterectomy and am on strict vaginal rest until then so it is not to be....

Maybe YOU could name your next daughter BurtonAnne. hee hee

29again said...

OMG Beverly I just said the dumbest thing in my comment. Your daughter wouldn't be BurtonAnne she would be Waynette. That was a weird brain fart I had.

beverly said...

man,that is some bad juju. wouldn't waynette be just terrible, and thank god my name is not burtonanne. i love my dad, but damn! i can honestly see someone naming their kid waynette, poor kid...i have to say that when we were much younger it took some getting used to spelling your name different, but i don't blame you one bit. i can't quite place it, but i have heard your name before. i remember thinking, "hey there's another one!"