Saturday, February 10, 2007

Night Driver Bride Girl Still Has Job


Ok Monday I gave two weeks notice at my job. BUT...my boss talked me into giving it another try. I was kind of disappointed in myself for not just walking out the door but I kind of don't have another job and it scares me.


On March the 10 I am getting married! We decided to just go ahead and do it and I'm so excited. All the planning stuff stresses me really bad but I am hoping it will fall into place. I am in San Antonio to go wedding dress shopping with my mom today. Which brings me to the adventure of driving down here.


1. I waited till 6:00 pm to leave

2. It was misting rain and foggy

3. It got dark

4. I can't see in the dark.

5. I couldn't find my glasses.


Do you remember playing that Atari game Night Driver? It was a black screen and it had two glowing lines that curved and twisted without notice and your job was to keep your "car" between the lines or else you would die in a fiery crash. You had to use a stick to do this. --


Last nights trip was just like a game of Night Driver. I can SEE without my glasses but it is like having a blob of Vaseline on each eye. I mostly see shapes and blurs. Once I turned my own blinker on and jumped out of my skin because I thought it was another car that close to me.

Another time my lights reflected off this huge thing that seemed to be flying down from the sky and it turned out to be kind of a cliff that I was driving between. By the time I found my glasses 50 miles from San Antonio I was a nervous wreck. You know that feeling when you hit a dip too fast and are airborne for a second and your stomach does a little flip? When i drive at night I pretty much feel like that constantly. It is a combination between drunkeness and an inner ear infection.


When I finally found my glasses lying in the seat next to me it was like having a dry cleaner bag removed from my head. Its weird but once I get into the city and there are lights everywhere from other cars and businesses and stuff I am fine but don't put me on a lonely country road at night!


Well i am off to get ready to go shopping for my dress!

2 comments:

mom-mom said...

You are SO like me. (Sorry.) For years before I actually got glasses, I night-drove in a state of sheer panic. I saw unbelievable things coming at me and would inevitably resort to driving with my headlights on BRIGHT, thinking, "Sorry. It's every woman for herself." I expected to go careening off a bottomless cliff and plunging into the ocean at every turn. (Never mind that West Texas has no ocean...) Good grief.

mom-mom said...

PS I'm glad you made it here intact. I had bunches of fun shopping for a wedding dress! (Our last, I'm sure!!)