Sunday, January 28, 2007

Aching Bag of Aches and Pains Impending PMS

Ok so I have the worst head/cold that is rapidly morphing into the worst chest cold. I have been sick since Thursday afternoon and don't seem any better at this point. BUT my friend Paige's little girl called me the other night and I told her I would take her to lunch. I wasn't about to cancel because the poor little thing has been disappointed enough so I dragged myself from bed and took a shower. (You know you are sick when it is exhausting for you to wash your hair). About halfway though getting ready the realtors office called saying someone wanted to look at our house so Landry and I run around like maniacs hiding stuff and trying to make the house of a woman that has the flu look presentable. I had stripped off the sheets and everything! Then I bent down to straighten my pants leg and the all-to-familiar-pain that is my back returned with a vengeance. So I hobble to the car and we take Landry to guitar lessons and Jacee and I do some shopping while we wait for him. (We got the cutest necklaces) and then I had made the mistake of letting her choose the place we had lunch. Olive Garden. Not my first choice for a cheap lunch. So a million dollars and MUCH uneaten food later we finish our lunch. I rationalize that at least since we have all these leftovers it was like buying TWO meals, and then we get in the car and realize all our leftovers are still sitting in styrofoam boxes on the table. My back hurt too bad to go back. Last night while taking my cold pill and my anti-cough pill, and my back pain pill, and my anti-depressant and my birth control pill I realize that it is just 2 days until I start my period.

Wes says he is moving to the deer lease for a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! Sorry, I know you don't feel well but that is a funny story.