I was out Monday for my mylegram. This is a test where they stick a long needle into your spinal column without warning and shoot it full of dye. Then you have to sit at a 40 degree angle for 12 hours. It hurt pretty bad and it was creepy cause I could see the needle wiggling in my spine on the tv monitor in front of me. Ew. They left me in the room with this machine for like 30 minutes wearing nothing but a freezing little gown. I started thinking about that scene in The Green Mile when they are all getting electrocuted. And that executioner-guy doesn't get the sponge wet so the guy getting electrocuted fries and fries and fries and fries. Yeah. Spooky. I was thinking "what if that machine malfunctions and shoots the needle all the way through me and pins me to the stretcher like a moth in a bug collection?" Turns out the doctor did the needle thing, not the machine. He didn't impale me but he didn't even say be still or ready-set-go or anything.
It hurt like a mofo too. It felt like when you get a shot and the medicine is shooting in....except for 10 times worse and it didn't go away for like 2 hours. Funny thing is that it didn't really hurt my back but it hurt my hips.
I decided I hate Doctors and hospitals and being sick so I'm not going to be sick anymore. Just not doing it!
I cooked this weekend and it didn't turn out so good. I made a cornbread casserole and didn't know Wes didn't like cornbread. I made a cake that took forever to mix. Using my little hand held mixer I thought my arm was going to fall off! It got fluffier and fluffier until it was growing out of control and I could hardly stir the stuff. It also took forever to cook and because my oven is a hunk of turds and doesn't keep a consistent temperature much less the correct temperature....it came out a little black on one side. It is pretty dry and not that good which sucks because it was the hardest cake I have ever made. I won't be making that recipe again.
I found out today that I will be getting a new boss. I am sad because my boss is my friend and I will probably get some ogre that will torture me and fire me and make me wear pantyhose.
Landry is sick. I took him to the dr. on Friday and he has just gotten worse. He has an appointment today and it makes me really mad that we have to pay that deductible again. I am already feeling way guilty because all these tests on my back are going to cost us about 4 gazillion dollars. During that test yesterday I kept thinking that I would rather have a hurt back then go through all this crud.
Makes me grumpy!
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
You're grumpy? I couldn't tell.
Cheer up!
Post a Comment