Ok I had a workshop on Monday so - no blogging.
Yesterday we had a family thing. Long story short my dad has a friend who has cancer and supposedly needs a place to live. She called him for help so he told her she could move into my Meema house. My Meema is not dead. She is in the nursing home. The whole thing just is awkward and weird and it upset me. To add insult to injury, my dad let the lady start cleaning out the house and boxing my Meemas stuff up. Now I am sure this is a nice lady but still!! It was just weird.
So anyway, I got mad and took a day off to go down there and supervise the pilfering of my Meemas belongings. Wes and I were expecting this sickly little destitute lady. But no, she came driving up in her Anniversary Edition Cadillac and she looked just fine! She bossed Wes around all day telling him to load things and pack things and it was just bizarre. I mean, this WAS MY MEEMAS house that she is getting to move into for free!! Might I mention that my brother and I have never gotten one single solitary thing for free from my Dad.....
Anyway, when I walked in I had my sunglasses on and I took them off and laid them on the kitchen cabinet. Later, the Cadillac Lady put them on her head. I was like "Wes, she has my sunglasses on her head!!"...I made several loud comments like "hmmmm wonder where my sunglasses went...." and etc thinking she would notice that they were ON HER HEAD. But no.
I am such a wuss I never said anything and now the Cadillac Lady is living in my Meemas house and wearing my sunglasses. I feel somehow cheated in all of this.
and the weird day continues....
So I am mad at my Dad and my step mother and ranting about it....and then I find out that my step mother has breast cancer which effectively ended my rant and made me feel terrible for ranting in the first place.
It was an emotional day. I got sad when I saw the ratty old shirt that my Meema wore almost every day hanging in her closet.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Oh - that is a sad and weird day. Sorry! You need to get your sunglasses back from that geezer.
Post a Comment