Friday, October 27, 2006

Different Day- Same Old Face


Do you ever just wake up and think if you have to look at the same face in the mirror that you have been looking at for 29 years...the same hair...the same teeth...that you will just barf??

Well I do.

I can wear the same jeans or pair of shoes for a long time and then all of a sudden one day I will hate them. It is pretty much the same feeling. This feeling usually spurs some insane activity like buying a whole new facefull of makeup or cutting off my hair. I have learned that this will usually pass and try not to do anything rash but today I hate my face. It is ugly and I don't want to look at it. I am going to bed as soon as I get home. I'm going to pull back the covers and dive beneath them and not come out till the butt crack of dawn in the morning. Landry has to be on the football field across town at 7:15!! I bet it will still be dark. grrrr. Well at least no one can see my face if its dark.

Whats worse is that I look at the face and I think today is the best my face is ever going to look. Each day is one day closer to the ugliest I will ever be. Then I will die.


Come back soon for more uplifting and cheerful entries on my blog!!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

You are not ugly! You are not ugly! You are not ugly! You are not ugly!
That is all I could think to say! I hope you feel better...but you probably wont until tomorrow so just go back to bed! :)
Love ya

Mary Beth said...

Sleep the day away....that always works for me!

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better. Just keep away from mirrors until you do!!!

Shauna said...

I like the addition of the picture...not ugly at all...so - did you get over this yet or what????

robin said...

Oh PLEASE! Here's my advice: Listen to Shauna, Eat Ice cream for dinner, have a good cry, then go shopping. Between all of those things you are bound to feel like a whole new woman!

:)