
I found myself alone and without transportation this weekend. I was kind of wandering around the house half-heartedly cleaning. I had that feeling that I was either going to have to move or set my house on fire because it was so dirty.
Somehow I got myself motivated though and I started cleaning like a mad woman. I have wood floors, and an old house. The more I looked the more dust I saw! My ceiling fans were coated with some woolly brown stuff and that is where is all began. I happened to look up and was horrified at what had been whirling above my kid's heads while they slept. So I cleaned the fans. Then I noticed that the pillows on Landry's top bunk (it never gets slept on) were also dusty so I took them outside (no small feat I have about 50 pillows up there) and beat them on the side of the house. Then I had to wash the sheets. While sweeping I noticed that my curtains had dust bunnies clinging to them so I took them down and washed them....When it was all said and done I had moved every stick of furniture and began crawling around on my hands and knees with a vacuum hose. I spent about 2 solid hours sucking up every last dust bunny cowering behind my furniture and in the corners. I even crawled behind the boys potty and cleaned up the pee pee sprinkles that are inevitably there if you have boys in your house.
Then I was so inspired by my domesticity that I cooked homemade lasagna and did five loads of laundry.
Wes came home to a sparkling clean house (I swear I can breathe better without the bunnies) and a warm supper. I fell into bed last night. Today I am actually SORE from cleaning. Is that pathetic???
.jpg)
2 comments:
Cleaning house is a never ending battle!
Not pathetic - I am sore from cleaning too - oh, and maybe the dancing on the bar in my house...maybe a little sore from that too.
Post a Comment