Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It has a Name!

I went to the Doctor this morning for my back. He said I have Degenerative Disc Disease. I am just happy that it has a name.

Not to long ago I spent $500 getting allergy tested because if I am outside for more than 15 minutes at any time of the year and there is even a slight breeze, tears roll down my face. I was told after all that I did not have ANY ALLERGIES. Not one. Zilcho.

Tell me now, is that even POSSIBLE??? I was pissed! How on earth could I not be allergic to one blessed thing? I mean you spend $500 and expect your doctor to tell yous something besides "grab a kleenex"...c'mon throw me a bone!! Couldn't I be at least allergic to dust or something???

Anyway, it has a name and I saw the picture. Where you are supposed to have a discs in between your spine bones I have nothing. Just a big black void where the discs are supposed to be.

I was like AHA!!! I knew there was something wrong with my back!!!!! Hobbling around like quasi moto clued me in.

So in a couple of weeks I have to have a mylogram or something like that and then we will go from there.

I tried to call nearly every one in my family for sympathy but NO one was home....so I called Melissa who said she had a strong suspicion she was having an anyeurism as we talked so I wasn't able to get much sympathy from her either. If in fact it turns out that she was having an anyerism, I will feel bad but I cheered her up with talk that maybe it could be a brain tumor. ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You brighten my day!