Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Long Weekend

Friday night I had a date with Wes. It was so much fun. We went to see Employee of the Month which was really funny. I enjoyed spending some alone time with him because it is so rare these days. Saturday we goofed off until about 5 minutes before Landry's game when all of us simultaneously noticed it was past time to be there and went into a panic. Of course Landry's team slaughtered their opponents. They are so good that we don't even get too excited over a win...it is kind of a given. We had Rachel and she had a horrible barky cough and a snotty nose. That is always a challenge. Landry is very germphobic. He is 100% boy and doesn't mind rolling around in the dirt or skipping a shower for days on end but cough on him and he is breaking out the Lysol. Since kindergarten his day could be completely ruined if someone coughed or sneezed on him. He can't tolerate it. If someone is bleeding...forget about him helping....he will run right in the other direction. He is also really funny about people sleeping on his pillow and sheets and stuff. This couldn't have anything to do with his mom having an anxiety disorder when he was small and warning him at an early age of the dangers of bodily fluids. COULD IT??? Naw, I don't think so. Anyway, we spent the weekend wiping Rachel's nose and trying to get her not to cough anywhere in Landry's vicinity. It makes for an interesting time when you are in cramped quarters like the back of a vehicle or at our little breakfast table where we all eat. Poor kiddos. They are so cute. Since they haven't grown up together we have these little issues from time to time. Landry never says anything but you can just tell by the way he SIGHS or how he stiffens his spine that he has been hit by an onslaught of sister germs. Rachel is sweetly oblivious to just about everything. She just loves everyone and everything and is just happy as can be even if she has twin rivers of green snot flowing from her nose.

I have to brag a little on both of them:

Rachel did a little scavenger hunt for her Dad to go on this weekend. She drew all these little clues on pieces of paper. He would find one and the picture would tell him where to go next. The "PRIZE" was an "I LOVE YOU PAPER" that she hid with the towels in the bathroom. It said "I love you Mom, I love you Dad." She told me that the "Mom" on the paper was ME!!

Another cute thing she did was make a sign to hold up at Landry's game. The sign said "Go Steers"...Since Landry's team is the HAWKS he was less than thrilled with her efforts. ha. He told her that Hawks EAT steers.

And as for my sweet little germphobic football machine: I can brag on him as well. His coach told us last night that he is "DOMINATING". That is a pretty significant comment coming from Coach McCrory.

I am so blessed to have such a good family. We have a nice home, good health, and smart beautiful and loving kids. I have a husband that helps me everyday and that I truly enjoy hanging out with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love Hanging ou with you guys also!!! You All Mean the World to Me!!! I LOVE YOU!!!