Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I Made A Pie



I saw this pie on Oprah. It won a million dollar prize it was so good. What's weird about this is...

A. I don't usually care a whit for recipes.

B. I've never made a pie in my life.

C. I didn't even own a pie pan. I used to have a bunch of them that I received as wedding gifts but they served no purpose that I could see so when I left the marriage I left the pie pan.

But something about it caught my eye and I even remembered to go online and get the recipe. And I remembered to print it out. I kept up with the paper until I got home. I sent Wes to buy the ingredients and a shiny new pie pan and I made the pie! The pie in the picture is my very own pie. Isn't it lovely??

It was super yummy and I am way impressed with myself. In fact I have been cooking a lot lately. Things I have made are lasagna, cowboy stew, baked chicken and rice, ham tettrazini, berry cobbler, and my PIE! Every one of those things was good. Especially my pie.

I hope you are all suitably impressed and I am thinking that for the first holiday season of my life I could actually take something besides a package of paper napkins.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I am not so much of a cook myself but I am making shakenbake chicken right now! Yea Me! So - can you give us a link for the pie - who knows - maybe I will make one. I even have a pie pan.

robin said...

I'm with Shauna...share the recipe so we can all be Betty Crocker Homemakers!!!