Monday, September 11, 2006

The House of MURPHY

Murphy's Law: Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Why is it that when you are at your busiest and most overwhelmed, and when it is absolutely imperative that you be at work that your kid gets sick?? Why, Why, WHY????

Last night Paul dropped Landry off perfectly healthy and fine and within an HOUR he was in bed with nausea, body aches, and a fever. EGAD!! Nevermind that I have been working like a Turk to get caught up at work! Nevermind that Landry has already missed TWO days of school in the first month. Normally he might only miss a couple of days in a year. HOLY COW. Never mind that when he does miss a day he is so piled up with makeup work that it takes us a week to get him caught up. Never mind that Wes and I have been inundated with medical bills and have JUST ABOUT gotten them all paid off. Never mind that Landry's insurance just went up $20 a month! NEVER FREAKING MIND!!!

ok....rant over.

Wes and I did another show this weekend. It went really well. We had so much fun together. After it was over we sat in the front yard and drank beer and laughed and listened to music. It was so much fun. Yesterday I slept just about all day recovering from it all. I was so tired.

The same cop that gave Wes and I six tickets on fathers day gave him another one yesterday. (Refer to Murphy's Law above)
You just have to LAUGH!!

So yeah it is 5:30 in the morning and I just emailed in sick at work. Wes offered to stay home with Landry (yeah did Paul???, uh HELL NO!) however I declined. If he happens to be sick again tomorrow I will definately take him up on the offer though since my helper will be there then.

More tales from the house of MURPHY later.

2 comments:

robin said...

I hate those days! At some point you just give up and have to laugh about all of it! :)

See you tomorrow!

Shauna said...

OMG - that is sooo not funny that Wes got another ticket! How funny!
Hope Landry is feeling better - I agree about how they only seem to get sick on busy days - not on the "I spent my whole day on myspace" days.