Sunday, August 06, 2006

Tax Free Weekend - NOT MY SCENE




Well the tax free weekend was not the greatest. In fact, it blew. Not to be mean, but the crowd wasn't exactly Glama-Chicks target market. It was more like a bunch of teenage ghetto wanna be mall rats. I didn't lose my ass, but I didn't make a lot of money either. It was soooooo long. I think I will not want to go the mall again for a long time. We bailed on the whole venture on Sunday. It just wasn't worth it to sit there all day.

Instead Wes and I had an awesome lazy day. I think we got out of bed finally at 3:00. There were a couple of positives that came out of the situation though.

1. My merchandising looked awesome and I learned a lot about what to do when I do a show.

2. I handed out a lot of cards, and made some good contacts.

3. I learned that Wes loves me more than anyone in the world. I mean, I knew he loved me but he went above and beyond. Not only did he sit down there with me from 7:00 am till after 10:00 at night, he loaded, unloaded, and sold shoes. He also kept a smile on my face, made himself available so I could take breaks, brought me snacks and was just awesome.

When I insisted he come home for a couple of hours to take a nap he CLEANED THE HOUSE FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

He just blew me away. I mean, I couldn't believe he would do all that for me. Today we had a great day just being together. What could have been a nightmarish weekend was actually pretty fun.

My baby boy is with MomMom in San Antonio. Today he went to Sea World - lucky for me he is really missing his Momma and wants to come home.

Tomorrow is the first day of inservice for teachers. It is one of my most hated days because I have to talk about insurance. No one listens and no one reads instructions and no one turns in their paperwork on time. It is fun stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do Love you to the Moon. I hope you have a wonderful week and look forward to every minute I get to spend with you! You Are My Everything!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I saw your post on Shauna (Spearman)McCalla's blog. What is Glama Chick? Just wondering!
Lindsay (email: lcfrohm@aol.com)