
We had an awesome weekend.
Sea World was so much cooler than I expected it to be. Landry conned me into riding The Great White which is one scary- ass roller coaster. This is significant because I hate that kind of stuff. For some reason plummeting to a violent death at 120 miles per hour doesn't really appeal to me. Call me crazy.
But in an attempt to gain "cool mom points" I did it for some reason and I survived. It was horrible, but I did survive. I fail to see that anyone could find that kind of experience FUN. I kind of put it in the same category as childbirth. You just have to grit your teeth and get through it and you are so glad when it is over.
The best part though was the Shamu Believe show. Unless you have seen this words can't really describe it. It was so beautiful. I have decided that I want to be a whale trainer when I grow up. At the end of the show we were sitting there kind of awed and Shamu splashed us with his tail and DRENCHED us with freezing salty water. And we were well above the splash zone!
Everything is fine between Wes and I. He is going to come home and move his stuff back in sometime this week. Landry and I want him there, he wants to be there....I don't see any reason to keep it from happening to prove some kind of point.
Hopefully we have learned something from all this. - What I hope has come from this is that we both realize what we mean to each other.
Yesterday we went shopping at La Cantera. It has just about everything a girl could need to keep her happy for years on end. Tiffanys, Sephora, Neimans, Lucky.....!!!!! I can't wait to go back.
We had fun staying at my Mom and DadE's new house. It is really nice and I am happy for them. They are so cute together. He seems very protective over her and was content to sclepp all of our stuff around Sea World all day while we all got to ride the rides. He was so hilarious giving me directions. He knows where every landmark is! This is an example:
"Ok you are driving down east on North street and there is a C&W on the left and a tanning place on the right. There is a dip in the road....now you will come to a red light with a sticker on the pole protesting the war in Iraq. See it?? Ok then keep driving and there is a cactus with a couple of weeds around it beside a school zone sign.....ok....? Then you are going to turn right, watch for the pot hole! There are 3 cigarrette butts and a squashed Diet Rite can in the gutter about 20 feet beyond that you are going to veer to the right at about 20 degrees."
It was soooooo adorable. I am not used to someone caring that much whether I find my way or not! In my family we use the navigational system called "The Force". The Force is just a general feeling that you get that tells you vaguely what direction you should go. The Force definately has its limitations but none of us can figure out which way is up on a map. Add to that we just don't get the concept of north/south/east/and west and when someone tells us how to get somewhere it generally causes some kind of brain short circuit and we "forget to listen." DadE has apparently become acquainted with The Force which I inherited from my mother. He kept me on the phone and guided me straight in to the driveway.
It was a great weekend and we got home and it is raining!!! Other than the fact that part of my ceiling is peeling off due to a leak in my bathroom this is great news. I can't even remember when it rained.

.jpg)
2 comments:
I'm so glad that y'all had a great weekend! It is so nice to just get away for a while. Y'all needed that!
I could LIVE in La Cantera...I'm not sure who would pay my credit card bill...but I would have a BLAST!
Sounds like SanAntonio was a success - your DadE sounds so cute! How funny! Glad that Wes is moving back in...I sure dont know any details but it sounds like it makes sense to me! :)
Post a Comment