There is a saying, I believe it is from the bible, that says something to the effect of God will not give you that which you cannot bear.
Last night there was a horrible car accident. The daughter of the man that was killed works with Wes and Paige and we heard today that one other person involved died. We were discussing that in the office and there was an insurance salesman in here. He told me that years ago when he was on leave from Vietnam his pregnant wife, his 4 year old son, and his 2 year old daughter were all killed by a drunk driver.
He was a normal functioning man. A really nice man. I just don't see how you could survive something like that and be sane, and not a bitter, hateful monster.
I know that some things are beyond our realm of understanding but I was just thinking about this today for obvious reasons. I'm quite certain that I couldn't bear something happening to Landry or that Wes couldn't bear something happening to Rachel. I hope that means that God would never let that happen. I think though, that some things maybe God allows to happen, but surely doesn't make them happen. Some things are just too horrific to even think about. You know me with my good old depression/anxiety disorder. This set my day off to a terrible start. It just makes me feel terribly sad and vulnerable.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment