I was blogsurfing today and I came upon the term "attachment parenting". I looked it up and apparently it is a name for the type of parenting I have done all along but I didn't know it had a name. It is when you pick up your baby everytime he screams, when you "co-sleep" with your children, when you don't beat them, when you rarely leave your children and don't really feel the need to have a break from them, and something about home schooling. Also they mentioned something about carrying your baby around in a sling on your body at all times. Aside from the homeschooling part, that is what I do/did. I also didn't use a sling but I was definately attached at the hip to Landry for the first 8 years of his life. I am so impressed that this is actually a parenting philosophy and not just that I am a horrible parent. I KNEW that co-sleeping would not do any harm. Course it didn't say anything about co-sleeping when the child is 10, but hey. He is soooo snuggly! Lest you judge let me say that he sleeps mostly in his bed, on most nights, after I lay down with him.
This is seriously the longest day in the history of the universe. I can't wait to get home and see my boys.
Last night I got home from getting my nails done and Wes had candles lit and supper cooked. He is so thoughtful always. Today he ran lunch by to Landry. I can't believe my luck in finding such a good and loving man. He is solid and kind, funny and affectionate. I love him more each day. I pray to God I never grow complacent and take his wonderfulness for granted.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I am the other kind of parent. I actually was attachment parent with Kenzie but have become detachment parent with the others because I must keep my sanity. Ok - not detachment but "need some space" parent...
Post a Comment