Friday, June 23, 2006
Cycling Class
You know those sadistic people that you see riding bikes cross country?? These are the people I always make fun of. I always see them on the hottest and windiest days of the year. I see them on the most dangerous stretches of highway grimacing their way through mile after mile, nothing protecting them from getting flattened by uncoming traffic but a thin layer of spandex. Yeah. Sounds like a good time to me.
I went to a cycling class this morning and it was taught by one of those people. At 5:45 in the morning she was blissfully talking about doing a 60 mile ride this weekend. Wes and I are driving to Mason this weekend which is about a 100 miles and I will guarantee you that when we get there we will be tired!! Her name was September and her body was as long and lithe and lean as well, as mine is short and squatty and fluffy. I prefer the term fluffy to anything else, thank you very much.
Anyway, I was very afraid. I am not fond of the idea of keeling over in a class full of people and becoming a front page casualty in the Standard Times.
Actually though, it wasn't all that bad. I made it through an hour long cycling class. I wonder how many miles that was equivalant to?? Surely not near 60 but I didn't die so I will consider it a success.
I am off today and going to hang with my main man Landry. Yesterday we got a new fish. Check out his blog (click on Landry's blog link). He was so excited and I think he will be blogging more about it today. We named the fish Genghis. As in Kahn. Rachel can't say her G's very well so she says it Dinguss. Either way, Landry was so happy about a fish! Who knew??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Good fish name! I had a fish named Tyrone for a while. Very cool fish.
I am terrified of cycling class.
Post a Comment