
Our school is having a contest. Last month it was who walked the most miles. This month is the most steps. I tied with Ms. Luce, our homemaking teacher, last month. This month they gave us these pedometer things. I neglected getting it out of the package and USING it because I thought it would be one of those complicated technical things that I couldn't figure out. Yes, like the remote control. Today I got it out, punched one button and wa-lah -- It worked! I stomped around the office counting my steps and then looked at my pedometer and it had the same number that I had counted. Amazing. Michelle was looking at me like I was nuts and said "You don't have to stomp!". Sarah and I walk every weekday morning. (YAWN) Today I conned Michelle into going about a mile more at lunch. I am going to leave my shoes up here and we are going to try and do at least that much every day at lunch. Yay. I'm kind of excited. I sure wish I could lose about 10 pounds. I won't but I can wish it.
Tonight Landry has a game at 8:00 which should be against the law. That is toooooo late! (Said in my most whiny voice). He is spending the night with his dad afterwards and I know he will be so tired tomorrow. I have to bring snacks. After the last game Paul turned to me and said "don't forget YOU have to bring snacks to the next game." Funny how anytime Landry's PARENTS have to do something it is automatically delegated to me. ha. I don't really mind though. I will probably go home and whip up something healthy and organic packed with protein. NOT. In Paul's defense I have been quite impressed that he bought Landry some cleats and paid for his SAY Baseball this month. He also bought him a new baseball helmet. Landry had some money saved to help pay for it but Paul wouldn't even take it. Maybe he hit the lotto.
This morning on the way to school I noticed some crazy lights blinking at me on the side of the road. It was a speed monitor robotic machine thingy. I am hoping that it didn't take my picture because apparently I was speeding and that's what all of the light flashing was about. EXCUUUUUSE ME! It seems that last night there was a community meeting in Christoval with people wanting to do something about the dangerous highway. They are doing some kind of study to see how fast people drive on it. oops. It is really dangerous but I'm not sure that speed is the only problem. There is no shoulder to speak of...it is only two lanes.....there are all kinds of trucks on it, and no turning lanes. Other than that it is fine. I am going to try to pay a bit more attention. It will probably be ten years before they do anything about it. Who is "they" anyway??? And for my part Landry will not be driving on it over my dead body. I have to figure out a way to buy him a Hummer when he gets his drivers license. A Hummer with a Governor on it. He will love it.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment