
I got a very eye opening email from my friend Melissa today. She had just watched an Oprah episode on self esteem in young girls or the lack there of....
She gave me this link http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/ check it out!! You may have seen those Dove ads featuring real people, with real bodies....check out the website it is very thought provoking.
I know I, MY MOM, and really just about every female friend I have could benefit from less self destructive thoughts.
p.s. also if you have some time check out the link on Oprah's website. http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200604/20060424/slide_20060424_284_101.jhtml There is a little slide show thingy from the show yesterday.
Wowee. Makes you think.
p.s. In case anyone is wondering, the irony between this post and my last post does NOT escape me. Also, I think the girl highlighted in the picture above has a body just like mine. I am biting my tongue as we speak not to say anything bad about it.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment