Monday, April 24, 2006

FAB weekend

This weekend was great. Saturday Wes had some work to do so I got both kiddos. We had lunch at McDonalds and went to see THE WILD which was really cute. It is just amazing how they make the graphics looks so realistic!! I felt like I could reach out and touch the lion's mane.

Rachel's front tooth was just hanging by a thread-of-nothing and we tried like heck to get her to let us pull it out. She wasn't having any of that!! Wes really wanted her to lose it while she was with him so he could have a turn doing Tooth Fairy. Dang it, she lost it like 2 hours after going home. Bleh. Made us sad!! HOWEVER...I am sure that I am in possession of the LAST OFFICIAL PICTURE OF RACHEL WITH HER TOOTH. See how it is poking out all funny?? And I must say that she is just the spittin' image of her Daddy!! What a cute baby girl. If we get her Wednesday I will be sure and post the FIRST OFFICIAL PICTURE OF RACHEL WITHOUT HER TOOTH, as soon as I can get it taken. I'm sure her mom might've taken one but that doesn't count since I am the official photographer of all things Landry and Rachel.

We were a bunch of workerbees this weekend. Wes and Landry teamed up and did the yard. I worked inside getting all the laundry done and the house cleaned. Landry was so proud to get paid $7! Now he is all fired up about asking to mow the neighbors yard for money. I am not so sure about that because I still think he is a little young. I want to make sure all his toes stay attached! My house is clean, clean, clean and that is such a nice feeling!

I also have to brag a bit because I exercised both Saturday and Sunday and resisted a trip to Baskin Robbins - sort of. Ok, well I didn't get any of my own and only took a few bites of everyone elses, but hey its a start.

Oh, one quick story before I go. Last night around 2 I was awakened by an awful noise. You know how when you are awakened by a noise, you lay there and try to figure out if you dreamed it, and then try to figure out what made the noise?? Well I lay there for a long time and finally came to the completely logical conclusion that someone threw a handful of bb's into the ceiling fan. This somehow made perfect sense at 2 o'clock in the morning. Once I resigned myself that it wasn't a crazed psycho killer but only a handful of bb's I was finally able to go to sleep again. When I woke up this morning I found the culprit. It was a soap dish that had been stuck to the wall in my shower. It came off and richocheted around my shower!! It is these kind of things that kind of make me worry for our family's safety should any sort of emergency arise in the middle of the night. I mean, a handful of bb's???? GOOD GRIEF! And Wes?? We won't even GO to how he acts in the middle of the night!! ha ha ha

Psycho killers beware, don't tread in our house lest you encounter a housefull of sleep crazed lunatics.

Today I have a bunch of payroll stuff to do so I guess I will get to it.

1 comment:

robin said...

We have a security alarm on our house. Most of the time it never gets set, but I do set it when Koby isn't home. I sleep a little better and can disregard the noises in the middle of the night. The only problem is when I go to let the dog out and forget to turn the @#$%#ing thing off!!! I'm pretty sure I woke up the whole neighborhood Saturday morning!