
Not much news today, but it is Friday FINALLY.
We had a nice time last night. Wes cooked fajitas on the grill and we all hung out for a little bit. I took the cutest, most hilarious pix of Rachel. I'm going to post it on this blog. She had been jumping on the trampoline and her hair was sticking straight up in the air from static. She is just soooo cute. Wes said last night that he wished we could think of a name for her to call me. Not "MOM", not LaRae...just something else. I can't think of a thing so if anyone has any suggestions.......I would welcome them. I did think of one thing....there used to be this show with this cute little black boy who had been adopted by a white couple. His name was Webster. Anyway, on the first episode Webster kept calling the man "George" and he kept calling the woman "Mam". Thinking he was saying "ma'am" it hurt her feelings at first. But when she finally asked him why he was calling her "ma'am", Webster said "cause it sounds a little bit like MOM".
awwwww.
Also Rachel told her Daddy last night that she thought he ought to marry me cause "I was just so cute." ha ha What a smart girl!
Landry had a forgetful day yesterday. He forgot his math book at school then forgot his bat bag at practice. I swear that child would forget his butt if it wasn't attached to his back bone. He is SUCH A BOY! I have a futon in the tv room and the arms of it open and shut. The intention is to store remote controls and such in there. Instead, what do I find everytime I open them?? Dirty, stinky, sweaty, nasty socks. He has been trying really hard to bring his grades up though. He BARELY made a's and b's last report card and today I think he will get his new one. I can tell the grades coming home have been much better. He is also always really sweet to Rachel. I think it annoys him somewhat that she is always wanting to kiss him, and he thinks she asks too many questions...but what big brother wouldn't be a little annoyed. I have noticed him being very helpful to her and encouraging when she is trying new things, and that makes me feel good about how I raised him. I know that is how I treated him and I can see it reflected in how he treats her. I am proud of that boy.
Wes and I have a kid-free weekend! I am kind of looking forward to it because we haven't had any alone time in a long while. If you ask him, approximately 53 years. I think it has been more like a week, but he is needing some attention (wink). Wes wants to go to a farm sale and I was thinking maybe a quick trip to Legends or Hollands might be in order- since I am just so cute!! ha ha
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment