
We had a nice relaxing weekend. I got caught up a little on some of my quality "Wes-time" and got to see my sweet little Rae Rae too. Paul called at about 5 am on Sunday and said Landry was running a fever. He felt generally lousy all day and we went to the Dr today. They did a flu test on him which consisted of sticking a q-tip up his nose and into his brain which really pissed him off. The results will be in tomorrow morning. Meanwhile they gave him a prescription that WITH INSURANCE came to $94. I nearly had cardiac arrest on the spot. Two days off work has got to be a record for me but I don't know what else to do. Its a helpless feeling when your baby is sick and there isn't much you can do to make him feel better. He is such a healthy kid, I'm not really used to dealing with this, Thank God. I hope hope hope that it isn't the flu...I can't get sick, can't afford to...and don't want Wes and Rach getting sick either.
Speaking of Landry, he weighed 97 pounds at the Dr.'s office. WHOA. I can't believe my baby weighs 97 pounds.
Wes had a bad day and sometimes my heart just breaks for him. He is a wonderful Daddy and it kills him to not see Rachel every day. I guess his emotion took me off guard for a moment...but when I put myself in his shoes I realized that I would be a basketcase if for reasons completely out of my control I couldn't be with Landry for the little daily things that we take for granted. I think most people get caught up in thinking that single moms have all the difficulties and a lot of them do. But the dad's suffer too. There are a lot of Daddies out there that want to be hands-on and want to be involved in their kids lives. It totally sucks that the bad decisions of one person can competely disrupt an entire family. Divorce sucks. Probably sound dumb coming from me....but it does. Sometimes it seems there is no other option. But is just keeps hurting for generations.
I wish I could take that hurt away from him. I wish I could take the sick away from Landry.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment