Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Landry Sick Again


Landry came in from school yesterday and crawled straight in my lap. Yes, he can still fit (kind of). The school nurse had called me earlier and said that he had been to her office complaining of a sore throat but that he didn't have a fever.

We left here and I had to run some errands in town and Landry slept in the car. He didn't wake up for an hour, then went straight to the couch. His temp is over 100. ugh. He missed baseball tryouts last night but has to make them up today. He also has TAKS test today so there was no way he could stay home. I gave him lots of drugs and a McDonalds breakfast and told him to call me when he was finished. We made a late night run to Target and I dropped $79 on cold medicine, juice, and a vaporizer thing that plugs in and shoots Vicks fumes into the air. I almost bought this salt block light thingy at the mall the other day that is supposed to be some miracle cure-all for colds, allergies, asthma etc. The only thing that kept me from it was that Wes was there thinking it was completely ridiculous and that it cost $30. I admit the whole concept of a salt block shooting negative ions into the air sounds like a bunch of hooey but...what if it worked???

I had a clothes meltdown last night and decided that I hate everything I own. I have these new pants that I keep putting on and taking back off thinking they look ridiculous. Landry said I look like Foxy Cleopatra in them. I'm not sure who that is or if that is a compliment or not. I ordered some plain t-shirts online from the Gap because I can't find a t-shirt that does not show my belly button. My waist is too long. A 29 year old belly button is not always appropriate at the office and at funerals and stuff. Seems like jeans keep getting lower and lower and shirts don't reach anymore.

I had a nightmare all night that I was going to the rodeo. I was in a store trying on all sorts of cowgirl paraphenalia and it kept stacking up in huge stacks around me. At one time I had on these 1980's Rocky Mountains that were denim on the front and WHITE on the back. How hideous is that??!! In the dream my butt was HUGE and I kept looking at it and freaking out. I don't think this dream means I have any issues....I'm sure people dream stuff like that all the time. Normal people too! They DOOOOO!

No comments: