Sunday, June 08, 2008
Rollercoaster
Our family has been a rollercoaster ride and I hate rollercoasters. I didn't even post about all that has been going on...maybe because I secretly knew that it was too good to be true. It was. Wes has been working on a ranch about 30 miles from town. At first it was wonderful, it was good money, a beautiful place, etc. Then the owner asked us if we would consider moving out there. Of course our answer to that was a resounding yes. We made plans....we were about to put our house on the market...I gave notice at my job. We felt like it was a dream opportunity to live on a ranch, let our kids run, and Landry was going to get to switch to a smaller school and I was excited about that. I wouldn't have to work....But then it all started falling apart. The owner had us running from sunup to sundown doing her errands. She would tell us to do something for her and we would and then she would change her mind. When she started dictating to us what pictures could be hung where and asking "if our linens matched" and wanting to know where they were purchased, we knew we were in trouble. The whole thing is now off. I was able to keep my job but it is bittersweet when I thought I was going to get to be a stay at home mama and could build my photography business. I am very sad and am having trouble shaking it off. We had spent so much time as a family working on her ranch and her house that our own has gone to pot in the last few weeks and we are all so tired. So now we are catching up on housework and rest and getting back on track with our regular old boring life of work and living in town. Bitter much?? Just kidding. Our life is good it is just time to refocus on it. I feel like we had the winning lotto ticket in our hand and then it was jerked away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
I am so sorry that happened. Thank goodness you found out before you moved, think about being stuck out there! Dang it why do things like this happen??
oh my gosh! What a let down....but its better to fins out now rather than later! Yes, working stinks... atleast most of us are in that boat together ...
OMG - that is just crazy. So you were hired to be slaves and didnt realize it?
Post a Comment